Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thank goodness it's a New Year!

Can I say how thankful I am that 2008 is over? It isn't that there hasn't been good points because there has been but unfortunately the bad has over shadowed them. Mark lost his Dad in May, I lost my Dad in October and my son washed his hands of me in December. Gosh, did I mess up there. Having too high of expectations for the holidays led to disaster. For the time being it's best that we stay away from each other. There is just too many hurts and errors on both sides right now. We need the space and time to ease our wounds before we attempt a reconciliation.

On the bright side I've found a new path that I will be following. Ironically it started with my Shasta. I was searching the net looking for quilt patterns for a new quilt that I wanted to make for the trailer. While searching I came across a rag quilt pattern which I thought was really cute. Well, after 7 quilts and 11 handbags I think I have found a new homebased business opportunity. Since giving the quilts and bags as Christmas gifts I have had all kinds of feedback from people that I gave them too. My daughter had 6 people stop her at Walmart and ask her where she got the quilt I made for my grandbaby. I made the bags for my nieces and now all their friends want one. Soooo, I'm going to work on my inventory, try ebay, a booth at one of the local antique stores and maybe a few festivals and see what happens. Won't know unless I try and goodness knows I need something to keep me busy.

Here's to hoping that 2009 is a healthy, happy and successful New Year!

5 comments:

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi...where are the pictures of your creations? Etsy is a great place to sell..fees are low.

Please show pics....I may need something for my trailer :)

Patti said...

I"m sorry that 2008 was such a difficult one. The "loss" of loves ones, even if only temporary, cuts very deep.

If it's any consolation, my 2006 was a year of grave mistakes on my part that we're still dealing with. I have regrets, of course, but I see now that my life is richer & better now because of weathering the storm.

You're in my thoughts!

Patti said...

I"m sorry that 2008 was such a difficult one. The "loss" of loves ones, even if only temporary, cuts very deep.

If it's any consolation, my 2006 was a year of grave mistakes on my part that we're still dealing with. I have regrets, of course, but I see now that my life is richer & better now because of weathering the storm.

You're in my thoughts!

Jeff said...

Hello. I would love to talk to you about your rebuild. I also have a 72 shasta that I was thinking of restoring. Can you please email me at jeff.segel@darigold.com? Thank you. I really look forward to getting some info from you.

Lisa said...

Hey girl, I've been looking at making handbags too, after doing a few jeans purses. I joined a yahoo group that sounds like something you need to join too! Check out "bagstobragabout".. lots of inspiration and ideas. :) You need to post some pictures of your bags!

Lisa