Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Why seven flower beds?

This one will placed on my husbands shoulders. His mother is all about her flowers and I must admit she has a beautiful yard. Before Mark and I married I did tinker with gardening but was never very successful. Fact is, gardening is a lot of work. This year I was so happy because our flowers came in without much effort on our part. Most of our flower beds are relatively young and we always to to add, remove, split, mulch, etc. to get the look we were after. Spring arrived and it didn't seem we were going to have to do much. We knew that we needed to add mulch to all the beds but wasn't overly concerned about it. Why? Because we had the Shasta to think about.

Now vacation and the maiden voyage is over and boy am I paying for not thinking more about that extra layer of mulch. Since returning from vacation I have spent many hours in my flower beds. Even though I enjoy our flowers very much I'm wondering if we really NEED 7 flower beds. Couldn't we have stopped at at 3 or 4? Granted we do have a very large yard compared to most but my goodness. Guess I need to quit complaining and continue my battle with the weeds. Two down and five to go.

No comments: