Saturday, September 27, 2008

Catching Up and Running Behind....

It's been almost a month since my last post. I've finished my canning and it all turned out fine. The gardening season is almost over and my husband has been concentrating on the 1400. As I have been away from home for almost 2 weeks it has also enabled him to spend more time on it.

First of all, we almost lost my Dad. He became very ill and started to give up but rallied and is now on a upward trend. We transferred him to Evansville, Indiana. This is where his lung doctor is located and it seems to have renewed his spirit. He talks about what he's going to do once he gets better and returns home. I'm praying that he's able to do all these things. The biggest lesson I have learned through this is that I need to take things day by day as they change about that often.

As I said earlier, my husband has been able to concentrate on the Shasta as I've been staying in Indiana. The cabinetry is almost finished and I can't wait to see it. When I left home the last time all the framing was finished and one set of drawers were built but the faces weren't on them. Now both sets are finished and the cabinet doors are built. If all is well at the hospital this morning I should be returning home for a couple of days and will be able to see what he has finished.

As much as I appreciate the opportunity to be able to spend time with my Dad and help my step mom, I miss my husband. I miss him, my home and my dogs. Even though I know that he is taking good care of them it just isn't the same. I'm their leader and I know it distresses them when I leave. Of course I've humanized them, they are my babies and I miss their affection.

Hanging in there and hopefully going home for a day or two.

No comments: