Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dolan Lake



Well, finally home again. It was a great time although a bit stressful at times. We took all five dogs with us for the weekend (with both campers) having no plan to stay a week. We left on Thursday and it's Wednesday night and one trailer is still at the lake. Once the holiday crowd started rolling in it was time for me and the dogs to head home. As the hubby is at work (he has been working and driving from the lake since the weekend) and expects me to be at the lake once he gets off work..I haven't decided if I'll be driving back out tonight or not. It would be easier to break camp in the morning if I was already there but again there is the issue of the dogs. Can I stress enough that I don't want to take all five dogs camping again?


I did get some really cute pictures of the dogs while at camp but don't have them uploaded yet. That will be for another day. We really enjoyed our camping trip and the place we camped was awesome. For the most part we had the loop to ourselves and it was perfect. The weather was great, one night of rain but very little heat or humidity. For anyone living in the mid-west they know what an oddity this is for late June and early July. We have now found a new 'favorite' camp site within 30 minutes of home. With gas prices as they are, can you beat that?

Did I mention that we took both trailers? Mark was a bit embarressed pulling the Twenty as the outside of it is in such rough shape but let me tell you that the inside of this trailer is wonderful. There is so much more space than the inside of the 1400. I'm now itching to start on the rebuild. Gosh, there just isn't enough time or money and I want it done NOW. All good things will come to those who wait? Right?

No comments: