Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Laminate is installed!!!

Wow, does it look great. May I say that I couldn't be happier with the out come? While I'm at it I might as well say that having a counter top is almost as cool as having cabinets. At times I get so frustrated with my husband because he can be slow when doing certain things. Let me tell you, when you see the quality and detail of workmanship in our Shasta all that frustration goes away. He has done a wonderful job.

It's almost finished and there isn't many other things we'll be able to do with it for the time being. Having taken family medical leave from work, all the trips to Indiana and the additional expenses have started taking it's toll. From this point forward we'll have to prioritise our purchases and gather a few remaining items over the winter. The only additional purchase we'll make for now is the new faucet. Luckily I've found one on ebay that is in the style, size and finish that I've been looking for.

The extrusion for the outside trim on the table and counter top will have to wait. As we knew we wouldn't have it in time for our next trip I shellaced the outside edges and it actually looks ok without the trim so it will go on the it can wait list. The back splash will also have to wait and will most likely be the first thing to be ordered once our finances ease up a bit. The area where it goes is painted and has been for months so I'll just have to live with that for a bit more. The mirror will have to wait. I know the style I want and it isn't cheap so I'll just wait and ask for it as a gift. Same thing goes for the closet/bath door knob. It's ironic because I actually have one exactly like I want but it has been painted and I want a chrome finish. After all the time and money we have spent on this project I just don't see why I should 'settle' at this point. The door opens and closes fine without it so I'll just wait. The only other items I'll be waiting on is the porti potty and holding tank. I've used 5 gal. buckets for both of these before so I can do it again, not a huge deal and we'll have them for the spring season.

That's it for now. Have to get outside and help the hubby. Finishing touches are going on and curtains and cushions are going back in today. It will be back to Indiana for me tomorrow so I need to get busy.

1 comment:

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi there..
Just browsin vintage trailer blogs.
I just purchased a 1961 Fireball but I love Shastas!!!
So fun to see bloggers who have vintage trailers :)