Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sneak Preview of Interior

Here is my new kitchen. The section of back splash is what we were going to install but we have found a pattern that we like better. This just gives an idea of what it will look like when it's finished. I don't mind the shellac edge on the counter top but will like the aluminum extrusion better. Still need to order the faucet and plumb the sink but that won't keep us from taking it camping this coming weekend. Since this photo was taken I have loaded my cabinets and have a better idea of how I'll organize it all. It's amazing but I have empty space! This is our new table. The leg will be made tomorrow and the hinge came in a couple of days ago. Again, the extrusion will be installed later but isn't it great?
This shows the inside of the closet/porta potti room. I'll sew a curtain to cover the fridge and leave the microwave open. Both the fridge and the microwave sit on new laminate shelves.
This is the left of the closet and still needs the closet rod installed. It's a nice use of space for a half closet.
This is where the drawers are boxed in. The area below is where we will store the porta potti. It will sit on a 'scooter' and slide out into the open floor space when being used then slide out of the way when not needed. The scooter is already built and also has a laminate top on it, I'll have to take a pic of it and will post later. I'll probably cover this area with a curtain also. If you click on the picture you can see the boomerang pattern in the laminate.
I'm looking forward to doing some decorating but need to be careful that I don't over do it. I'm already thinking about changing my curtains and cushion covers and they aren't even a year old. I found some fabric in Indiana that I adore but goodness is it expensive. I can hear my husband's voice echoing in my head "discipline, remember discipline". Since my nephew's SO works at the fabric store I'll remember that till I hear that the fabric is on sale. That along with the employee discount is using discipline isn't it?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wowweeee!!! That's awesome, it looks great! I thought that boomerang pattern was MUCH larger than it is. It's come a lonnng way from the grease pit that it was!

THE FIN AND FEATHER INN said...

Thanks Lisa, we're very happy with the way it's turned out. The boomerang pattern is small. When I saw Peter's charcoal boomerang in MO it struck me how small it actually is.

It still amazes me that it's the same trailer. Actually, it's the same frame, skin and windows. All the rest of it is new, should be good to go for another 40 years.